- Okura Hotels>
- Protection of Personal Information
Policy on Protection of Personal Information
Basic Policy Concerning Information Security and the Protection of Personal Information of Hotel Okura Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as “HOC”).
Given the importance of information security and the protection of personal information in the advanced information and communications society, HOC shall endeavor to appropriately manage and protect information owned by the Company in accordance with the Hotel Okura Group's Policy Concerning Information Security and the Protection of Personal Information.
1. Compliance with Laws and Regulations, etc.
HOC shall comply with policies, guidelines, etc. prescribed in laws and regulations and by administrative organs.
2. Establishment of a Management System
A management system shall be established within HOC and the division of responsibilities shall be clarified.
3. Compliance with Internal Policies, Rules, Guidelines, etc.
HOC shall formulate and comply with internal policies, rules, guidelines, etc.
4. Implementation of Safety Measures
HOC shall implement safety measures, and take preventative measures against unauthorized access to information, and the loss, damage, falsification, leaks, etc. of information.
5. Implementation of Training and Educational Activities
HOC shall promote training and educational activities for employees with an aim to enhance their knowledge and awareness of information management so that information is managed appropriately through thorough familiarization with the said subject.
6. Coordination with Subcontractors
If work relating to information management is subcontracted to other companies, then HOC shall select a party with adequate experience and capabilities, shall prescribe matters concerning the duty of confidentiality in relevant agreements and shall ensure that information is managed appropriately.
7. Operational Improvement Initiatives
HOC shall regularly check whether information is being appropriately managed, and shall continuously exercise initiatives to improve operations.
8. Measures Upon Occurrence of Accidents
If accidents occur, HOC shall minimize damage and swiftly publish necessary information, and take appropriate measures, including measures to prevent recurrence thereof.
9. Clarification of Inquiries Desk
HOC shall establish an inquiry desk in order to respond swiftly in good faith, to inquiries, complaints and requests from customers.
10. Publication of this Policy
HOC shall widely publish policies concerning information security and the protection of personal information, including this Policy by posting it on its website, etc.
Reservation Records Handling
HOC shall handle reservation records as stated hereunder.
1. Management of Personal Information
HOC shall, with a recognition of the importance of customers’ personal information submitted by customers, strictly manage such information using computers, etc., paying close attention to the handling thereof.
2. Joint Operation of Reservation System
HOC’s Reservation System (available through Web site and Reservation Centre) is jointly operated by HOC and JAL Hotels Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as “JHC”).
3. Shared Use
HOC shall use the reservation records of customers within the following bounds in order to provide services closely related to travel such as hotel, air travel, etc., publicize products and campaigns, and conduct work associated thereto.
- （1）Shared data items: customers’ name, telephone number, address, email address, age, gender, employer, etc., membership of an airline company and relevant mileage number, name of hotel at which the customer will stay, dates of stay, package plan, applicable rate, arrival time, specific requests, credit card number to guarantee reservations.
- (2) Scope of Users: HOC, Member Hotels of Okura Hotels and Resorts operated by HOC (hereinafter referred to as “OHR”), Hotels of the Groups in alliance with HOC, Affiliated Companies of HOC, JHC, Member hotels in Nikko Hotels International and JAL City chains operated by JHC (hereinafter referred to as “JHC chain Hotels”).
- (3) Administrator: HOC
4. Provision of Reservation Records to Travel Agents
HOC shall provide the above information provided for in the above item 3 to travel agents if an inquiry is made based on a reservation number provided to the travel agent by a customer.
5. Provision to Third Parties
Except for the abovementioned, HOC shall not provide or disclose reservation records and information to third parties unless customers have given their consent or unless required in accordance with laws and regulations, etc.
6. Confirming Reservations
HOC shall issue a reservation confirmation letter concerning reservations accepted by the Hotel Okura-JAL Hotels Reservation Center following the finalization of a reservation by mail, fax or email, etc. to the address, telephone number, fax number or email address specified by customers. Furthermore, please note that when making reservations via our website, an email message confirming the reservation will be sent to the email address provided by the customer.
7. Handling of Inquiries, etc.
HOC shall accept inquiries, alterations, etc. relating to reservation records from customers as follows and shall respond in a swift and appropriate manner within reasonable bounds.
Hotel Okura-JAL Hotels Reservation Center (Toll free within Japan)
0120-00-3741 (9:30 - 18:00JST, excluding year-end and New Year holiday period)
0120-58-2586 (9:30 - 18:00JST, excluding year-end and New Year holiday period)
8. Inquiries, etc. Relating to Other Reservations
Inquiries and alterations concerning reservation records from customers who have not made reservations with Hotel Okura-JAL hotels Reservation Center should be made directly to the hotel, facility or travel agent, etc. that handled the reservation.
Handling of One Harmony Membership Information
HOC and JHC (hereinafter referred to as “the Companies” together) shall handle the personal information of One Harmony (hereinafter referred to as “OHM”) Program Members as follows.
1. Management of Personal Information
In operating the OHM system, with recognition of the importance of the personal information submitted by Members, the Companies shall treat such personal information with the utmost care, and safeguard such information under a strict computerized security system.
2. Shared Use
The Companies may use the personal information submitted by members for the purpose of recording lodging history, inclusion in membership cards, issuance of membership cards, provision of hotel accommodations, food and beverage services and wedding services, provision of other services closely related to hotel usage, giving notices about promotional plans and questionnaires including those of the partner companies, product development, OHM program management, and all other activities related thereto.
- （1）Shared Data Items: Membership number, name, date of birth, gender, address, telephone number, fax number, e-mail address, place of employment (company name, department, title, address, telephone number, fax number, e-mail address), types of membership cards, lodging history, reservation history, communication history, point records, types of airline mileage program (aka FFP), FFP membership number, FFP tier, preference for smoking or nonsmoking room, taste, memorial days such as wedding anniversary, etc.
- （2）Scope of Data Users: HOC, JHC, member hotels of OHR, a part of group hotels in alliance with HOC, restaurants operated by Okura Enterprise Co., Ltd. and a part of restaurants operated by Continental Foods Co., Ltd., JHC Chain Hotels, alliance hotels of JHC, Hotel Okura Group companies
(*1), JAL Group airline companies (*2), and JAL Card Inc.
*1 Hotel Okura Group companies are Hotel Okura Enterprise Co., Ltd., Hotel Okura Space Solutions Co., Ltd., Continental Foods Co., Ltd. and Orange Marketing Services, Japan Co., Ltd..
*2 JAL Group Airlines are Japan Airlines Co., Ltd., Japan Transocean Air Co., Ltd., JAL Express Co., Ltd., J-AIR Co., Ltd., Japan Air Commuter Co., Ltd. and Ryukyu Air Commuter Co., Ltd.
- （3）Administrator : The Companies
3. Provision of personal information to third parties
The Companies shall not provide Member's personal information to any third party except when there is the prior consent of a Member or a prescription in the Terms and Conditions herein and related rules and regulations, or it is required pursuant to applicable laws.
Members' requests for changes to or deletions of their own registered personal information or other inquiries shall be dealt with in a swift and appropriate manner within reasonable bounds upon personal enquiry by a Member.
0120-80-3789 (Toll free within Japan) or +81-(0)3-3224-6617 (9:30 - 18:00JST,
Monday through Friday excluding national holidays, and year-end and New Year holiday period)
Handling of Online Members Information
The Companies shall handle personal information on Hotel Okura-JAL Hotels Online Members in the following manners. * Hotel Okura-JAL Hotels Online Members refer to those who have registered special IDs with HOC or JHC exclusively used for online reservations.
1. Management of Personal Information
The Companies shall, with a recognition of the importance of personal information submitted by members, strictly manage such information using computers, paying close attention to the handling thereof.
2. Shared Use
The Companies shall jointly use personal information provided by members in order to provide hotel services and services closely related to hotels, provide advertising and promotional materials and questionnaires including those relating to affiliated companies, conduct product development, and for any other work associated thereto.
- （1）Shared data items: name, date of birth, gender, address, telephone number, email address, profession, employer (company, department, address, and telephone number), FFP program, FFP membership number, tier of OHM membership, OHM membership number, reservation history, lodging history, etc.
- （2)Scope of Users: HOC, Member Hotels of OHR, group hotels in alliance with HOC, Hotel Okura Group Companies(*1), JHC and JHC Chain Hotels.
*1 Hotel Okura Group companies are Hotel Okura Enterprise Co., Ltd., Hotel Okura Space Solutions Co., Ltd., Continental Foods Co., Ltd. and Orange Marketing Services, Japan Co., Ltd.
- (3) Administrator: The Companies
3. Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
Except for the abovementioned, the Companies shall not provide or disclose personal information to third parties unless members have given their consent in advance, or disclosure is prescribed in the rules herein, or required in accordance with laws and regulations, etc.
4. Inquiries, etc. Relating to Personal Information
If a member contacts HOC’s inquiry desk with an inquiry or request to alter or suspend the use of their personal information, such inquiry shall be dealt with in a swift and appropriate manner within reasonable bounds. In addition, HOC’s inquiry desk shall accept feedback relating to the handling of personal information. (Click here to submit your inquiry )
Handling of Personal Information Pertaining to Reservation Records, One Harmony Members, Okura/JAL Hotels Online Members, and Others.
In addition to personal information in reservation records, personal information on One Harmony members and Hotel Okura/JAL Hotels online members, HOC shall handle such personal information as received directly from customers or obtained from travel agents and companies which have contractual relations with HOC in the following manners.
1. Protection and Management of Personal Information
HOC shall place importance on the protection of customers’ personal information provided by customers and pay close attention to the handling of such information.
2. Purpose of Use of Personal Information
Personal information provided shall be used within the scope necessary to achieve the following purposes.
- To provide appropriate services to satisfy preference and request of customers, based on past usage information at OHR Member Hotels
- To provide details regarding OHR Member Hotels, JHC Chain Hotels and third party partner hotel groups (hereinafter referred to as “Affiliated Hotels”)
- To conduct organizational operation of the membership club such as enrollment in Affiliated Hotels’ membership organizations or grant points to members, redeem prizes, etc.
- To analyze responses to questionnaires to improve services and for marketing purposes at OHR Member Hotels, JHC Chain Hotels and Affiliated Hotels
- To conduct marketing activities for HOC
- To conduct marketing activities for HOC
- If customers have agreed in cases other than the above, and when HOC, OHR Member Hotels, JHC Chain Hotels and Affiliated Hotels deem it necessary to contact customers.
3. Inquiries, Alterations and Suspension of Use of Personal Information
HOC shall respond in a swift and appropriate manner within reasonable bounds if a customer contacts the following section directly regarding the disclosure, amendment or suspension of use of personal information managed by HOC that constitutes a part of the personal information owned by HOC. In addition, any inquiries or complaints relating to personal information lodged with the following section shall be treated appropriately.
Hotel Okura Co., Ltd.
One Harmony Secretariat
Tel: 0120-80-3789 (Toll free within Japan or +81-3-3224-6617)
(9:30 – 18:00JST, Monday through Friday excluding year-end and New Year holiday period and national holidays)
4. Provision and Disclosure of Personal Information
Personal information shall not be provided or disclosed to third parties except when falling under any of the following cases.
- To be shared by OHR Member Hotels, JHC Chain Hotels, Affiliated Hotels and HOC Group Companies
- To be shared with contractors who have entered into agreements that prohibit use of personal information for any purposes other than the specific work outsourced by HOC
- When customers have given consent in advance
- When required in accordance with laws and regulations
5. Personal Information in Links to External Websites
HOC shall assume no management responsibility whatsoever for the gathering of personal information conducted by other companies' websites introduced on HOC's website.
6. Data Protection
The website uses SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption technology on all pages in which personal information is inserted as a safety measure when gathering customers' personal information. As a result, it encrypts the data traveling across the Internet and prevents data leaks.
Significant modifications to this Policy shall be announced on this website. Please check the website on a constant basis for up-to-date information on other minor modifications. Please note that HOC shall assume no responsibility whatsoever for trouble resulting from failure to make such checks.
SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) refers to the protocol for encrypting and transmitting information over the internet. SSL is a security function that aims to protect important information such as personal information transferred over the Internet from theft, fabrication and phishing by third parties. On Okura Hotels & Resorts website the accommodation reservation page for inserting personal information is an SSL secure page. (Certain pages allow users to select non-SSL communication.)
1. Importance of SSL
The encryption of protocols currently used on the internet is not regulated and thus third parties are able to insert line monitors, PCs, etc. into lines to view information that crisscrosses the internet. The Internet is a network made up of interconnecting websites and a number of relay sites exist between access points and users, making it difficult to grasp whether a site is safe. For this reason, Okura Hotels & Resorts website prevents eavesdropping, etc. by third parties by utilizing secure communication using SSL when transmitting important information, especially personal information, etc. over the Internet.
2. SSL Structure
SSL first conducts electronic authentication between Hotel Okura Co., Ltd.'s (hereinafter referred to as "HOC") and customers prior to customers sending personal information (digital certificates and digital signatures), and transmits data after conducting cross certification. In doing so, exchanges between HOC and customers are disturbed by random digits, and false transmissions to third parties posing as customers who attempt to steal data are prevented. Furthermore, information transmitted using SSL is encrypted using a method which combines two types of encryption methods; public key encryption (RSA) and symmetric key encryption (private key cryptography). An electronic "key" is required to decipher this information. Even if information is intercepted by third parties, it is impossible to decrypt encrypted information without the correct key. While there are a finite number of keys, it is extremely difficult for third parties to decrypt information as it requires an unrealistically long time, even if work is conducted computationally using a computer, etc., to find the right key by testing all keys in turn.
3. SSL Enabled Browsers
A special configuration is not necessary in order to use SSL. SSL functions automatically when using SSL enabled browsers such as Internet Explorer, Netscape Communicator, etc. in their default configuration. It may not be possible to access SSL secure pages or enter information when using browsers that do not support SSL.
* It may not be possible to transmit information using SSL due to FireWall configurations if the customer is connected to the internet via a FireWall on an internal LAN such as a LAN within a company.
4. Data Protection
The website operated by HOC uses SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption technology on the online members' page, the credit card payment page and other pages in which personal information is inserted as a safety measure when gathering customers' personal information. As a result, it encrypts data traveling across the information and prevents data leaks.
This document is posted for the provision of information to customers. It does not recommend, request, or demand the use or otherwise of specific software products.
Hotel Okura Co., Ltd. may send information called cookies to customers' computers in order to improve user-friendliness for customers.
Customers may change their browser's settings and reject cookies, and warning messages can be displayed when accepting cookies. Virtually all Okura Hotels & Resorts website services can be used without browsers accepting cookies, however, please note that certain services cannot be used without cookies when making accommodation reservations.